Thursday 25 March 2010

Alphabe-Thursday - "J" - "J as in jewellery-making

Jenny Matlock

It's thursday today, and this week's letter for Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday is "J". My "J-word" is "jewellery" or "The joy of jewellery-making" (Which is also the tagline for my blog):

Here is Elisabet stringing beads on elastic beading-cord to make her own necklace.

Here we see a beadboard,

where Elisabet has planned her colour-scheme for her necklace.

Every beader starts out with an idea for their piece.
It is happy work.

But beading can be tiring if you are only five years old.

Luckily Mother can finish the necklace for her.

And let her take a rest.

Happy Alphabe-Thursday!
Anna
First Commenter: Vickis Place

For more Alphbe-Thursday-participants, please click here.

P.S.
Take a look at my J-word-post for abc-Wednesday and try your luck in my contest by
clicking here.



15 Comments:

Viki said...

Beading looks like a lot of fun. The art lady at the nursing home had the residents make a necklace with beads. My mom made a red, white and blue one. She said she had a lot of fun doing it.

Lin said...

I like the smiley face behind Elisabet in the first photo! :) She is adorable, Anna.

Ann said...

Elisabet looks so intent on what she's doing in that first picture. One of these days I'm going to learn how to do that stuff. I hope it doesn't tire me out like it did Elisabet :)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It must be really tiring work!

laterg8r said...

so cute that she fell asleep :D

Jenny said...

Elisabet is lovely. What a beautiful girl. And she looks talented like her Momma!

Anna, could you e-mail me your etsy address? I can't get it to link here.

Great J day post!

A+

Betty said...

Ahhhh...that's so sweet. She fell asleep while working. I wish I could fall asleep that easily. :)

jeff campbell said...

Hello Anna...I have always liked the idea of jewelry making....such a clever idea for our "J" post...thank you for your nice comments about "Jiffy Jeff"...much appreciated...Peace

Debbiedoos said...

Now that was JUst so cute! It is so nice to have a little daughter to play along with your passion of Jewelery making! Thanks for stopping by my J post too! Have a great day!

mrs. c said...

Lovey post and I adore how you spell Elisabet's name...so unique! She had a great time and will always remember how you allowed her to make thnigs. My daughter is 28 and is an artist and she says it's because I always let her create! AThank you so much for your prayers for Cindy!

Marice said...

awww that was indeed a fun activity! and your little doll is so adorable :) thanks for the lovely comment!

Feel free to visit me here:
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next

Sarah said...

What a fun activity to share with your daughter. She grow up to enjoy and appreciate jewelry. Beautiful child and lovely post!

Jo said...

awe ... those photos are so cute!!! you have a real little sweetheart there! Lovely J post!

Nadeen said...

Not being a crafter, I'd find it exhausting too. Totally can relate!

Steph said...

So sweet. I love the photos of her drifting off. What a promising little jewelry crafter you have on your hands.

Im Translator

Translation widget