Wednesday 24 March 2010

abc-Wednesday - "J"- "J as in Jewellery"



It's Wednesday today, and this week's letter for abc-Wednesday is "J". I am sure that I will not be the only one to choose the word "Jewellery/Jewelry". But I would be silly to not choose this word, since my blog is supposed to be about jewellery.

I had not started to design and make my own jewellery when we got married. Sometimes I wish I could get married all over again, just to make my own wedding jewellery! But I really can't complain. It was a nice wedding, I had a pretty dress, and I got to borrow a lovely green pendant that has a story all its own. You can see it on our wedding-photo:


Is there anyone who can guess the name of the designer/craftsman who made this pendant? If you think you know, leave a comment on this post. The first correct reply will receive a ten-dollar discount on any purchase of a single piece of jewellery from one of my Etsy-shops (parltradet or AnnasAdornments).


Take a closer look
:


Hints: This pendant was made of precious materials, but it is its craftsmanship that set it apart. It was not made in an English-speaking country, and it was probably made somewhere between 80 to 120 years ago.


You only have about a week to leave a reply on this post with your name and a way of getting in touch with you. You must leave your comment before I post next week's abc-Wednesday for the letter "K", when I will reveal the correct answer and tell the whole story about this pendant. You do not have to be an abc-Wednesday-participant to enter this contest, but you must be 18 years or older, be able to identify yourself, and have your own blog. In the case of conflict, I have the last word.

Good Luck!

Anna

Visit other "J"-words for abc-Wednesday here.

First Commenter:
Jay of The Depp Effect


10 Comments:

jay said...

It's rather lovely, isn't it? I don't know much about period jewellery, but something about this one makes me want to say Lalique!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

Kim, USA said...

Oh wow I so love jewelry and this one is unique and just gorgeous!

ABC Wednesday-J for Jump & Joy

Ann said...

I don't know a thing about jewelry design so i wouldn't have any idea what the answer is. It is quite lovely though. What type of material is the green ring made of

Split Rock Ranch said...

I have no clue who the designer is but it is a gorgeous pendant!

WillOaks Studio said...

It's just lovely and a very special design...but my studies in art history skipped jewelry, unfortunately! Can't wait to hear who it is! (You're a lovely bride, too!)

Anonymous said...

Certainly not Faberge so I'm thinking it's by Cartier.

Roger Owen Green said...

I know nothing about jewelry except that it looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding attire is so absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I don't have a guess on the pendant, however, it is to die for :)

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lin said...

I love the wedding photo, Anna. Isn't it weird to look back on the photos from that day. So much has changed for all of us since our wedding days--some good, some bad.

I love the necklace. :)

Im Translator

Translation widget