Saturday 2 October 2010

Mrs Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Special Challenge Week 22

Welcome to week twenty-two of Saturday Centus.
STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.
Thanks!
Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...
This is a themed writing meme and a different challenge this week.
You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. You can re-post the prompt picture into your post but no other illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction.
You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.
Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.
I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.
Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.
Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.
This week you will draw your inspiration from a picture and not a prompt. And here's the picture!



Here is my SC Special Challenge text:

"It was just awful! They tore my dress and stole my beaded necklace!" The old horse nudged her affectionately. "I don't know what to do. They just rode off and left me here."
"There, there dear. Calm yourself," said the plumpish old woman dressed in a long, hooded, woolen robe. "Just remember to get back in time. Now let me see. Where did I put it?" she said half to herself as she searched through her garment. "Yes, here it is!" She pulled out a wand and smiled, "Even magic takes time. First we'll need a pumpkin!"

Best wishes,
Anna

First Commenter:
Terra



Jenny Matlock

17 Comments:

Terra said...

oh a fairy tale of sorts. In 100 words or less. Very cool. Never would have gone there...my brain just doesn't think happy ending (not that this one has a happy ending yet anyway!)

Jackie said...

I know where she'll find one... in a fairytale ha! that was well done .

Susan Anderson said...

Now, let's see. Where have I heard something like this before....?

What a fun direction to take your post, Anna.

=)

Susannah said...

I enjoyed this. . .every fairy tale needs a pumpkin!

Nice angle to take on the prompt. :-)

Viki said...

I love fairy tales because there's always a happy ending. Good way to take this.

Ann said...

So Cinderella is not the only one with a fairy godmother to help her out :) Nice job with your story.

Unknown said...

Oh I love a good Cinderella story!

Ames said...

Bibitty Bobbity Boo! Love it! Cinderella was always my favorite story as a child. And as an adult, one of my favorite movies is "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore. Cute take on the prompt!~Ames

jeff campbell said...

Such a wonderful and somewhat mysterious story Chris...very nice...Peace and blessings

Unknown said...

How clever 'Cinders'! You shall go to the Centus Ball! Brill!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was very creative and lots of fun. I loved your unique approach.
xoRobyn

Tgoette said...

What a great take on the prompt, Anna! Pumpkins and fairy tales do go well together! Nicely done!

Tina said...

haha very clever. always love a good fairytale story.

Tina from
Mummy Diaries

cj Schlottman said...

I could just feel that horse nudge our heroine! And the old woman is so beautifully drawn. Thanks for the opportunity to imagine our own happy ending to this tale..........cj

Kat said...

What a clever use of this week's prompt! You've set this scene beautifully, I can feel the nip in the air and see the horse's breath. Wonderfully written fairy tale! Kat

Jenny said...

Anna. I adore this little story. Its fairy-tale quality is so evocative.

Really well written and clever use of a simple picture of a field of pumpkins!

You are a wonder!

Thank you for linking this week.

RockiBottom said...

i think it is wondeful that you think of cinderella when you see pumpkins. so many of us go down a much darker thought path.

Im Translator

Translation widget