Monday 4 January 2010

New Year's Resolutions? I'm not finished with Christmas yet!

Most bloggers have already written their New Year's resolutions by now. I am not really finished with Christmas! I got a cold yesterday and am sitting here with soggy paper tissues trying to keep my running nose from dropping over the keyboard while I write.


There are lots of things to write about. I have about three to four unfinished texts that I could post, but they're not ready yet. I'll have to write at least one more post about Christmas before I'm done.


I have been thinking about the cats at Katthemmet Kompis who endured first a fire and then cold winter weather when they ran away. Amazingly a few of these cats have been found after several days of wandering about in the woods. I would like to praise the fire-fighters and the people who take care of these shelter cats for their efforts in rescuing them. Nybro is several hours away from where we live. I can't drive a car filled with cat food and other supplies that they have listed on their website, even if that is exactly what I wish that I could do. All I can do is send a donation to their plusgiro account (pg konto):
35 74 82-9 and wish them well.

I have not yet figured out how money can be sent to this Swedish cat shelter from other countries. I wish that everyone outside of Sweden who wished to send a small donation, could do this without having transfer-fees costing too much. If anyone has any suggestions about how this could be done, please leave a comment here.

They are having auctions on Tradera (Swedish Ebay). Maybe I should sell some pieces of jewellery there or in my Etsy-shop for the benefit of the surviving cats of Katthemmet Kompis? Does anyone have experience with charity work that can advise me?
Thank you,
Anna


nablo.sat.1109.120x200-I+did+it!.jpg (120×199)

7 Comments:

RNSANE said...

This is such a kind thing you are doing for the poor cats displaced by this fire. Hopefully, others will be moved and contribute to the cause.

Unknown said...

Thank you RNSANE!

Duni said...

I'm sorry you have a cold :( and hope you feel better really soon!
The surviving cats must be so distressed, especially since they don't know how to fend for themselves outside the shelter.
In my neighbourhood there are two roaming cats. I see them early in the morning and I often wonder where they take shelter or where they find food. I always want to help them, but I can't leave any food outside, because the birds usually eat it!

Daisy said...

Such a terrible tragedy for all the cats at the shelter. I'm glad at least a few of the cats have been found. You are kind to help them.

I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

If there was a paypal account, pretty well anyone could send money to it without incurring fees.

Lin said...

I wish we could help too! It's so good that you are bringing this to the attention of the other bloggers though, perhaps they can help.

Um, where is your EXTRA LARGE button saying that you completed NaBloPoMo??! Those little buttons just don't do your hard work justice!!

Unknown said...

Dear Duni, Daisy, Jakill, and Lin,
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I'll get back with you soon.
Thank you Jakill for mentioning PAYPAL. That might be the best solution.
Hugz
Anna
Oh Lin, You are so funny. I don't know how I got roped into doing this NaBloPoMo-thing again. I think that I am obsessed!
Anna

Im Translator

Translation widget