Saturday 29 October 2011

A Study in Black - Lovisa's New Clothes -Mrs. Jenny Matlock's - Saturday Centus - Week 78

Jenny Matlock

Welcome to Saturday Centus, Mrs. Jenny Matlock's writing challenge where participants write a PG-rated text with a given prompt using not more than 25 words this week. The prompt is the above picture that Mrs. Jenny calls 'A Study in Black'.



This is week 78 and here
are Mrs. Matlock's instructions:

THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS THE ABOVE PICTURE. I LIKE TO CALL IT 'STUDY IN BLACK'
WORD COUNT - Not to exceed 25 words. Yes, that is correct. 2. 5. Twenty-five. XXV.
STYLE OF WRITING - Any
NO ADDITIONAL PICTURES
- Sorry Mrs. Matlock, but I can't do it this way!
------
Here is my text:


Louisa wanted a witch-costume. A black hat, wig and dress were purchased and donned. This surprised the cats greatly, who were themselves dressed in black.



Text & Photo Copyright 2011 Christina Wigren


Text & Photo Copyright 2011 Christina Wigren


Text & Photo Copyright 2011 Christina Wigren
------
Wordcount according to WordCalc: 25

------

Best wishes,
Anna




P.S.
There are pictures to this story. (And now I've added them!) If you would like to see some of them, I will go against Mrs. Jenny's orders and publish them. Just say the word in a comment. Lovisa's real name is Elisabet, my daughter.

------
First Commenter:
Sue
of
Sue's News, Views 'n Muse



To read other SC-posts for Week 77 please go to this site or click on the image below:

Jenny MatlockLink

17 Comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Black is definitely the best color for Halloween. (I'm not fond of orange.)

;)

PS. Trust you to work the cats in...and personify them!

anitamombanita said...

what would halloween be without black cats? or dogs? LOL

Unknown said...

Come winter Ms. Jenny will probably have us do a "study in white" where the white persian gets lost in the snowy drifts of Northern Sweden, trying to evade the hungry polar bears.

Judie said...

Black as a pit from pole to pole! Black cats, black clothes! Spooky!!!

Cheryl said...

Nice one, Anna! Fun prompt, don't you think?

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is sweet. I have a black cat, Mojo, and he approves of this one too.
Happy Halloween, Anna!
xoRobyn

Jo said...

love the use of the black cats in the story!

Gems said...

Great pics and I'm glad you broke the rules...

anitamombanita said...

haha...cute... but don't follow my lead of being disobedient with Mrs. Jenny...I don't want to be responsible for you getting in trouble... ;)

Daydreamer said...

Cute witch complete with black cat too!
Are witches supposed to smile? ...all part of the 'fooled' you act they have to put on huh!...LOL
Lovely :) Hope the witch had a great Halloween

Bethe77 said...

I love your photos that you have added against the prompt. Somehow they just added that extra touch to your story. Something about black witches hats and black cats for Halloween. Just wouldnt be the same.
Blessings

Jo said...

I love the photos, so glad that you added them in!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That's the cutest cat and witch pair I've seen. Thanks for inviting me back, Anna.
Be well.
xoRobyn

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh how pretty they both are! laurie @
http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

rmannell said...

Hi Anna,

I liked the story and the pictures. Maybe we're not suppose to add them but your photos do add to the story so I'm glad they're there.

Ross

Jenny said...

I thought that was your lovely E.

She is getting so big!

And such an adorable little witch with her sleeky and lovely helper!

I'm glad you shared the photos, Miss Anna.

It's nice to see your daughters happy face!

Lin said...

Awww, who is cuter???! :) I love black kitties--I grew up with one. I think I was just a bit older than your daughter when I got mine. I still judge every cat I own against that kitty--he was the best.

I can't believe how grown up your daughter is!!

Im Translator

Translation widget