Saturday 30 October 2010

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 25

Jenny Matlock

Thank you for your patience! Here is my SC for last Saturday October 23rd, 2010.

Welcome to week twenty-five of Saturday Centus. STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read. Thanks! Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten... This is a themed writing meme and a different challenge this week. You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. The prompt does not count for your 100 words AND it must be left intact in the body of your story. No illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction, just keep it PG, please! I have to look at my Grandchildren with these eyes. You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like. Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog. I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky. Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read. Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. This weeks prompt, in honor of Halloween is: "This is the scariest story I've ever heard..." Link anytime between now and next Saturday morning.


This our SC-text for week 25:

------

"It was huge; maybe four times our size. Its feet and and teeth were enormous! It ran around the garden, waving its tail, making this awful noise. I thought I was going to be devoured!"

"Oh Ginger, how horrible!" gasped Becky. " This is the scariest story I've ever heard! What happened?"

"Nothing." replied the red tabby, "Its mommie had it on a lead. They finally left the garden and walked away. A great relief, as you can well imagine."

"Yes, I can." said the black angora while licking a paw. The two cats looked in opposite directions and remained silent for a few moments.

------

Word count according to WordCalc: 96

Best wishes,

Anna

P.S.

Sara Cat was kind enough to help me with this post.

Thanks Sara!

------

First Commenter:

Viki of

Viki's Place

------

To read more Saturday Centus-texts on this theme please click here.

Jenny Matlock


7 Comments:

Viki said...

How fun that the cats were the story. Great clever post.

jfb57 said...

I love the cats! It is great when the characters of these Centus stories are animals! Well done!

Susan Anderson said...

Should have known kitties might involved...

Nice job!

=)

Ann said...

Another job well done. You sure are good at this.

Tgoette said...

Cute story! And a great twist ending! Well done!

Jenny said...

Anna, Brilliant, brilliant! Bravo, Bravo!

Super great conclusion to a week of scary stories.

I really liked how you did this.

And to think, you managed this from the library!

Wow!

One of my favorite SC's of the week for sure.

Jenners said...

I love it! Love your little twist on the protaganists!

Im Translator

Translation widget