Saturday 6 March 2010

PhotoHunt Theme # 203 - "Foreign"- Foreign coins


This week's PhotoHunt theme # 203 is "Foreign". "Foreign" means not belonging or strange or coming from somewhere else. I thought about nationality and nationalism and the world being divided into different and separate nations. We are all "foreign" in relation to each another. Or, we can look for what we have in common.

For today's PhotoHunt challenge I would like to show you all my bank in the shape of a Moomin-troll, where I keep all of my foreign or no longer valid coins. (I got this cute savings-toy free from a bank in neighbouring Finland. I just love it.)


Everybody in Sweden will recognise that the coins are lying on top of piano sheet music to the Swedish national anthem Du gamla, du fria.

Foreign or familiar? It all depends upon your point of view!

Happy Weekend
to all of you
wonderful PhotoHunters
all around the world!
Anna


To see other posts please click here.

First Commenter: jams o donnell






13 Comments:

jams o donnell said...

A nice take on the theme. I like that you keep your coins in a Finnish troll! Happy weekend

gengen said...

Good choice for the them...Happy hunting.

Jama said...

I don't see any of my country's coin here so definitely all foreign to me. I have lots foreign coins from my travels, gave them to my younger son who loves to collect overseas currencies. I almost post a photo of Indonesian notes but changed my mind and post something else.

Ann said...

I love your take on the theme. That bank is adorable, I have no idea what a Moomin-troll is but it's cute. I spotted a couple of U.S. coins in your collection.

Marites said...

I've been collecting the coins I gathered from my foreign travels just most recently. I love that troll, he's so cute!

Happy weekend! My Ph is up too.

Alice Audrey said...

I was thinking about this last night when I did my Jack and Jill photos. The Internet has made "foreign" into a strange word.

Mrs. Mecomber said...

I love that bank!

I know only one phrase in Swedish (and can't type it properly because I am using an English keyboard):

Dar du gar, dar blomar jordan.

"Where you go, there blooms the earth."

I think it's lovely.

My Photo Hunters is up. I hope you have some time to take a peek. Happy weekend!

Scott Law said...

Again this is one of those themes that can easily take so many directions. I'd have never thought of that. Great shots and perfect for the theme.

Lisa said...

Wonderful!

Lin said...

I'm loving that bank, Anna!

Sparkle said...

The point of view idea is a good one. For example, as a cat, we know nothing of nationalities, but any feline we don't know is immediately foreign - until we get used to their scent.

P.S. I found your comment and posted it!

Duni said...

That's a cute coin bank!
I recognize a couple of coins in your collection too ;-)

Clara said...

I see some US pennies! When I first saw the 2 Euro coins I thought they were Canadian toonies. But when I really looked at them, I saw my mistake. My daughter collects foreign coins, too. We don't travel outside the US very often, but when we do we try to get a sampling of coins for her.

Im Translator

Translation widget