Thursday 4 March 2010

Alphabe -Thursday: G is for green as in green beads

Jenny Matlock

This week, the letter for Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday is "G". My G-word is the colour "green". Green means different things for different people. There maybe serveral who have chosen the word "green" being as it is so close to Saint Patrick's Day.
I'm not Irish, but here in the North, you start to think about the lighter shades of green after living with all this cold "white stuff" for so many weeks. Since I am trying to choose words that could be objects pertaining to jewellery-making, my post is about green beads.
All of these beads shown here could be used to make necklaces, bracelets or pairs of earrings. I could use them with my F-word from last week! (Click to enlarge photo.)

Happy Alphabe-Thursday!
Anna


First Commenter: Split Rock Ranch


To see more posts about words that start with the letter "G", please click here.


16 Comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

Oh, pretty shiny things! ;o) Beautiful beads in fabulous shades of green. Certainly makes me think of St. Patty's Day! And Spring, which is even more exciting! Thank you for hosting my entrecard ad today. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Dear Brenda!
Hooray! You are first commenter! Happy St. Patty's and happy spring greens on their way!
Anna

Steph said...

Pretty greens. I can see how they bring a flash of spring life and color to a white wintry world.

The Muse said...

i can just "feel" the beads...i can hear them crunching in my hand...
i can see the light...!

ooo lovely G choice :)

lissa said...

they look good by themselves and just think of the possibilites of things you can make

thanks for your visit to my alphabe-thursday

Short and Sweet said...

Lovely green colors on the beads. Your finished jewelry is very pretty.

Amy said...

I love your "g' so fun.. Thanks for stopping by. I also like your fluffy post..

Ann said...

what a lovely assortment of green beads

Jenny said...

What a beautiful array of G orgeous Green beads.

For some reason your photo made me think of magical caves reached only at low tide.

G ood G racious! Those are lovely.

A+

Sarah said...

Ana, it looks like you'll be making some wonderful new adornments with these green delights. Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment. I appreciate it.

Jo said...

those beads are so pretty!!! you must have a lot of fun creating with them!

Amy said...

oh my gosh! I love the photo of all your green beads. For reals, you should print that, frame it and slap it on the wall!

Viki said...

I love all the different shades of green. Beautiful take on the letter G.

Betty said...

What beautiful green beads. Perfect for the letter G.

Kat said...

Oh these are so pretty! Green is one of my favorite colors, so many beautiful shades to choose from. Thanks for stopping by and sorry it took me so long to return the visit - we just got back and it's going to take me forever to catch up! Kathy

Unknown said...

your bead photo really shows how many lovely shades of green there are.....sorry it has taken me so long to get to your g' post....come visit! Melinda

Im Translator

Translation widget