Tuesday 23 February 2010

Ruby Tuesday - More red plant-inspired jewellery ! (Part II)


For last week's Ruby Tuesday I showed a red and green beaded necklace (click here to see it again) that I made to look a little bit like rose hips. This week I will continue to show some of my efforts to make plant-inspired jewellery.















Here is a bracelet made with an antiqued brass chain with 10mm links with the same bright red beads from India that I used for last week's necklace.



But instead of stringing the red beads and glass leaves in a row, the "rose hips" hang individually more like the way they do from branches of a rose bush.











This time I am using olive green Czech pressed glass leaf beads to hang on the bracelet as charms.

Making bracelets is a real challange, because like rings, they are constantly seen by the wearer herself. Maybe this is why I began making necklaces. But I am that glad I have finally started to make bracelets. It's fun!



We can call this is a work in progress. Again, this is a piece that I have not yet listed in a shop. Should I make it heavier with more leaves and rose hips or should I just leave it as it is? I have lots of beautiful chain and beads so I could make several versions.
Next week: More red earring!

Happy Ruby Tuesday!
Anna

First Commenter: Magical Mystical Teacher

13 Comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Red fruit of the rose,
you serve as inspiration
for the crafty one!


Piper Clad in Red

Victoria said...

I love it. We use to have rose hip bushes when I was little, it brings back memories. :)

Ann said...

I think that it is lovely just the way it is. In my opinion more would be too much. I love those leaves. very pretty

Patti said...

I would leave it just as it is..a beautiful bracelet.

I like your work. I am going to go see the necklace from last Ruby Tuesday's post.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Laane said...

Oh, I love it! It catches the rose hips completely. Did I say I absolutely love it??

Robin said...

It's beautiful. I might add a few more beads, but I tend to prefer chunky, and it's possible that that would take away from the natural, rosehip feel of the piece.

Victoria said...

Hi Anna.. it is lovely to meet you..your work is super beautiful! How charming and magical..you are very talented! Beautiful photos!
Happy Ruby Tuesday
Kiki

Ps: Thankyou for such super kind words..I am touched.. and you added a sparkle to my day!
Wishing you many!

WillOaks Studio said...

So pretty! Quite convincing (realistic) too! I used to collect hips in Alaska; dry them, then make tea all winter...nice memory!

Rechie said...

that's a lovely bracelet....nice design

mine's here

Anonymous said...

I love what you have made. Great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love what you have made. Great inspiration.

Felisol said...

Anna, you are ingenious. The way your art has copied nature and preserved it; I just love it.
It's perfect, not too much, but rich and tasteful.

The Wilson's said...

This bracelet is absolutely gorgeous! Will you be selling them on Etsy? If so, sign me up for one :)

Im Translator

Translation widget