Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday thoughts: "Look, a squirrel!" (Spiritual Sundays)

singing birds
Yesterday we walked along the promenade to the local music school to go to Elisabet's weekly violin lesson-group.

On our way home Elisabet happened to see a squirrel jumping from tree to tree. These are not very good pictures - too grey. But I thought I would share the children's enthusism for this one small observation of the natural world. To be a child and embrace everything that is new!

Why post this? I happened to have my camera with me when we went out. Ninety-five percent of these small everyday discoveries never get documented in any way at all. Suddenly the children have grown some more and moved on from one stage of development to another. Yes, sometimes, I am a frustrated mother. Time flies. I can't do everything. I don't see everything. But I am happy and grateful for what I do see and for what I have.
Happy Sunday!
Anna

("Sunday thoughts" is not an established meme. It is simply my own category for random thoughts that don't fit in anywhere else. But if you have something you would like to add, you are welcome to comment.//Later:// I've decided to let this post join "Spiritual Sundays" if they think it's alright. )

9 Comments:

Lin said...

Go, go, Anna! I see you are still going strong with your posts!! You are half way there. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Lin for your support!
Anna

Charlotte said...

Hi Anna,
I'm glad you chose to share with us on Spiritual Sundays. How delightful it is to see children discovering the wonders of God's beautiful world.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Dear Charlotte,
Thank you for allowing me to join. I sat and wrote a post and did not know where to place it. I'm so glad that I can share it.
Yours faithfully,
Anna

Musings of A Minister said...

Thanks for sharing this. Have a great week.

Denise said...

Such precious children.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is a great post, I loved it. I'm so glad that you shared it on Spiritual Sunday.
God Bless,
Ginger

Debbie said...

There is nothing as delightful to me as seeing life through the eyes of children. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings to you, Debbie

Apron Senorita said...

Christina, so nice to meet you. I come over from Spirtual Sundays. I am Yoli from south Texas. May God bless you and your family with a wonderful week.

Yoli :)

Im Translator

Translation widget