Saturday 23 October 2010

E is for Embroidery and Erik - Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday, Round 2

E is for Embroidery and Erik. Erik, who is eight, worked on this embroidered family portrait for six weeks. He is in the third grade.

The picture shows, from left to right, his father, himself, his sister Elisabet and his mother, yours truly,
Anna.
P.S. I am having computer problems BIG-TIME. I am sitting at the Public Library right at this moment and have not been able to get on line for three days. I tried to link up with Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday today, Saturday, but came too late. The link is already closed, as It usually closes on Fridays. But please go there to visit other E-posts for Alphabe-Thursday.
In order to be linked to some kind of link list, I have linked to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus, one of the memes in which I usually participate. Please visit SC too.

First Commenter:
Ann of



To visit other posts about words starting with the letter E please go to Mrs.Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday at OffMyTangent here.
To visit Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 25, go here.


Jenny Matlock

Jenny Matlock

I have just recently (November first) linked [here] to this page about children's crafts. Click on the image of "Kids Get Crafty!" below to visit other posts about children doing crafts at home:



18 Comments:

Ann said...

Erik did an excellent job on his embroidered family portrait. He's quite talented.
Sorry to hear about the computer problems, that can be so frustrating.

Jackie said...

Awww I feel for you; having computer problems is a big fat bummer . being on a computer from the library is always a different experience but Erik did a fabulous job on his embroidery . Very nice

Susan Anderson said...

That project is definitely a keeper!

=)

Viki said...

What lovely embroidery Erik did. It's really sweet looking.

jeanlivingsimple said...

How very cool! This deserves to be framed and preserved "and" passed down to his children...and beyond.

Ames said...

How cute. You should frame this. Hope you get your computer fixed soon!~Ames

Anonymous said...

He did an excellent job! Wow -
And I'm sorry to hear about the computer problems, that is never fun.

mub said...

That is too cute! I hope he's feeling pretty impressed with himself, he did a great job.

Anonymous said...

I hate computer problems!!! Tell your son great job on the embroider :)

Tracy said...

sorry I am so late in commenting I have a week of being very busy. I loved your post thanks you

Jenny said...

Oh Anna, I'm sorry you're still having computer problems!

Your Eric is adorable...and that embroidered portrait is really, really sweet!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with linking or anything for you while your computer is being naughty.

And thanks for sharing this happy post with us!

A+

Anonymous said...

Erik -- F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!!!

RedTedArt said...

Oh my what a FABULOUS craft project (and F post). I ADORE it!!

Would love for you to stop by at Kids Get Crafty too and link it there? Every Wednesday at ReD Ted Art: http://www.redtedart.com/2010/10/27/kids-get-crafty-christmas-trees/

Hope to see you there!!!

Maggy

Coffeedoff said...

Great embroidery by Erik. Hope your computer works ok soon!

Pondside said...

Well done, Eric! My Great Dane learned to knit and embroider in school in Denmark and it has stood him in good stead all these years. Anna, that embroidery is a treasure!

paige said...

He did such a great job!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Excellent embroidery Eric!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

awesome f post, six weeks work, wow,
amazing patience.

Im Translator

Translation widget