Thursday 22 July 2010

X is for Xylophone - Alphabe -Thursday - Alphabet Soup



We have just finished our journey from A to Z with Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday and this week is a free-for-all that Mrs. Matlock calls 'Alphabet Soup'. Next week we start summer school with all the colours of the rainbow.
My Alphabet Soup-post is a retake of the letter X. My X-word is Xylophone.


My six-year old daughter, Elisabet, has always loved sounds and music. I sang to her when she was still unborn and all through her young life. I think it is a genuine interest with her, not just a response to my lullabys. She is humming and singing right now as I type this post.


Today, Thursday July 22nd, I took these quick snaps of Elisabet on the balcony with her beloved xylophone. I don't know why I did not think of it when we were doing the letter X. Maybe it is just because the word sounds like Z-I-L-O-F-O-N, and I did not remember that it started with an X. I am not the world's best speller! (One of the many reasons why these alphabet-challenges are good for me!)


Thank you Jenny Matlock for giving me another go at X. And thanks also for sticking with us for a new round of Alphabe-Thursday after the Summer School Rainbow!
Best wishes,
Anna


First Commenter:

JDaniel4's Mom




For more Alphabet Soup posts with Alphabe-Thursday, please visit this site.

Jenny      Matlock


16 Comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the pictures of her playing. I bet she makes wonderful music.

Russ said...

She is a sweet heart. I bet she likes any kind of music. She didn't however look like she was happy having her picture taken.

Unknown said...

JDaniel4's Mom Thank you for your kind words! You are first commenter and get an extra link to your blog!

Elisabet is a good sport and helps me blog, but I hade to wait until today to do it because she was not in the mood to pose yesterday.
------
Russ Thanks for visiting!
Elisabet looks a little unhappy because I accidently touched her in the face with a corner of the xylophone just before taking this shot. So actually she is a good sport and took it in her stride.
------
Best wishes,
Anna

Viki said...

How cute your daughter is in that hat. I love it. Maybe someday she will be a singer or a musician or even a writer music. You never know.

lissa said...

how sweet she looks playing

thanks for your visit

Tina said...

aww her little outfit really suits her and she seems to be really enjoying the instrument too.

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack
Game FreakZ

Ann said...

I remember having a xylophone when I was a kid. I loved it. My kids had them too. So Elisabet is a young budding musician then huh?

signed...bkm said...

She is darling, looks like a little woodland fairy...sweet...bkm

Susan Anderson said...

What a darling daughter you have, and the outfit is pretty cute as well!

=)

Brenda said...

What a sweet little girl you have. A blessing for sure.

Rajesh said...

Excellent choice and very lovely shots.

Unknown said...

This is really cool and she is adorable! I would love if you link something to the French Obsession on August 1st. Any inspired French post would be fun! I think the movie idea is great!
Gros bisous
Frenchy

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable with her xylophone! It is so cool that she is so into music! You know what they say...a happy child sings :)

Jenny said...

Anna, she is so precious. Just a lovely child.

I am fascinated by xylophones so this was a wonderfully fun stop for me. I still pound away on the little one our Grands play with sometimes - to the great annoyance of my husband!

AND

I was sooo excited to see that necklace in your etsy shop! I snapped it up. You should see my order come through!

Thanks for adding this lovely, happy, rich post to our steaming pot of Alphabet Soup!

It made it extra delicious this week!

A+

RNSANE said...

Elisabet seems to be enjoying her xylophone. I, too, sang to my boys before they were born but none, except my oldest, had any musical interest whatsoever. He played the saxophone in elementary school but switched to guitar and keyboards as he got older.

Kat said...

She is adorable! How exciting that she is so interested in music so young. Encourage that as much as possible, as music instruction really helps develop other parts of the brain too, especially mathematics! Sorry I'm late in commenting, but it's been a crazy week. Kat

Im Translator

Translation widget