Wednesday 28 July 2010

B is for Beads & Buttons that are Red - ABC-Wednesday Round 7 / Alphabe-Thursday - Rainbow Summer School - Red

Today is already Wednesday, July 28th and time to link up with Mrs. Denise Nesbitt's ABC-Wednesday for the letter 'B'. This week, I am a little pressed for time, and choose to combine this ABC-Wednesday 'B'-post with Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday Summer School Rainbow - RED.

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren
(Click on image to enlarge)

My B-words are BEADS and BUTTONS, that are RED. And here is a sampling of my collection of beads and buttons that are red.

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren

(Click on image to enlarge)

I use all kinds of beads when I make jewellery. Here is a red necklace that I sent to a buyer yesterday. It is actually one of my personal favourites. I hope this person enjoys wearing it. I love making jewellery in bright colours, but most people seem to be too shy to wear something RED!

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren
(Click on image for more information about this necklace.)

I use buttons when I sew, but I have not yet incorporated buttons in my jewellery designs. However, there are jewellery artists, who do! Here are two of my favourites, Lisa of Alterity Art och Rose Clearfield: (This is not an ad, just things I like.)

To begin with let's look at three red bracelets that Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts has made with buttons and beads!

Photo Copyright Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyrig
ht Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

This is Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry

(and not Anna!)

Another jewellery artist who makes bracelets with beads and buttons is Rose Clearfield of The Beadings and Buttons of Randomcreative. Here are three of her button-bracelets:

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield


(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

I can't find a photo of Rose Clearfield herself, but here is her avatar.

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield




For this post I don't have any historical or etymological references about beads or buttons. It would have been interesting to look at how beads have been used in different connections, and to trace the development of different kinds of buttons used as fasteners for clothing, but I did not have time to do any research of that kind. My post is about the use of beads and buttons together in modern jewellery.

Thank you for your time.
Happy ABC-Wednesday and Alphabe-Thursday!
Best wishes,
Anna

First commenter:
Ann of Ann's Snap, Edit & Scrap



To see more 'B-words' please go to this site.
To see more posts for the colour red, please go to this site.

Jenny Matlock

38 Comments:

Ann said...

I really like that necklace that you made. I'm sure your customer will be very pleased.
I've always liked the way Lisa puts her jewelry together.

Rose Clearfield said...

Thank you so much for featuring me and my bracelets in your post. :)

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful! So creative and adventurous! Love it!


Denise
ABC Team

Wendy said...

I'm not too shy to wear that red gorgeous jewelry. I have a pair of red patent clogs that the jewelry would look great with. When I get paid this Friday, I'm heading over to Etsy and visit you :) Thank you for the beautiful baubles, bracelets and beads...

Roger Owen Green said...

why is a simple BUNCH of BUTTONS so intriguing?

On behalf of ABC Wednesday team, thanks for joining us! - ROG

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All those red beads look so scrumptious! I really like the necklace you made..very pretty!

Lin said...

Ooooh, I like that necklace too!

Are you starting the whole alphabet over again??

Debbiedoos said...

Those beautiful red beads look good enough to eat!

Jo said...

i love the photos of the red beads and buttons all mixed up together ... that is so stunning ... and i really enjoyed seeing some button jewellery!

Unknown said...

@Ann Dear Ann,
Glad you like the necklace. I was starting to think that I was the only one who did! I am going to make another and relist it.

Yes, Lisa is amazing! She really knows how to put together a piece of jewellery! When I chose my 'Beads and Button-Theme' Lisa and Rose were the first jewellery-designers that came to mind.
------
@randomcreative Dear Rose, Thank you for letting me feature your wonderfully creative jewellery. I feel I have a lot to learn!
------
@mrsnesbitt Dear Denise,
Thank you for your kind words. I was a little worried that this post did not follow the rules. Whew! My six-year-old takes alot of time right now. She fell asleep in my arms while I was typing this post.
------
@Wendy Dear Wendy,
Thank goodness you like red!! I am going to relist the red necklace as soon as I finish stringing a new one.

Please keep coming back to my shops because I am going to heep filling them with new items. Click on the images of Lisa's and Rose's bracelets to get to their shops too. They do amazing things!
------
@Roger Owen Green Dear Rog,
Thanks for looking at my post. I know it is a bit 'girlie', but that is what my blog is supposed to be about. But you are right, I started getting ideas for jewellery when I looked at my own photo of all the red beads and buttons. I saw them in a new light!
------
Thank you so much for stopping by. It is raining with lightning and thunder, so I think I'll take a break here!
Best wishes,
Anna

Betty said...

I like the use of buttons with the beads. The bracelet with the red buttons and beads is adorable.

Kat said...

I love the necklace! Just beautiful, red is one of my very favorite colors. The shot of all those red beads and buttons just made me smile. Kat

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love all those red buttons!!

Annesphamily said...

Red is wonderful over here! I am enjoying the red post a lot! The jewelry is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Anne

Life@Cee said...

Beautiful designs. Your red and green necklace reminds me of holly. Using buttons in jewelry is a great idea. I especially like the bracelet with the dangly red buttons.
Cee

Short and Sweet said...

Wonderful, bright jewelry! Nicely done.

Lola said...

Hi again! Such wonderful examples of Rainbow Red today - like the bracelet with the buttons & beads best!

Happy Alphabe-Thursday,

LOLA:)

PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can stop by!

Grampy said...

Great Jewelry as usual. The button bracelets is a good idea. When ever I stop by, I want to get back into making crafts. But I'll just look at yours instead. I am a man and appreciate the fine work you ladies do. Being a man, if I didn't like it would mean I have no one to buy them for. That would be sad.
Thanks Christina

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Anna, for including me and RandomCreative in your post! What a pleasant surprise!! Been working at getting custom orders done so I can split and go visit my mom in another week. I'll be bloggin' about it, don't worry!

Unknown said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I really love that first necklace. You've really got a talent for making jewelry out of beads and buttons :)

Unknown said...

I love the heart shaped buttons. The bracelets are so pretty.

Jen said...

I absolutely LOVE buttons! They are so much fun to play with and poke through. Of course there are some tremendously talented folks that can make some pretty darn spectacular jewelry with them, too :o)

Susan Anderson said...

Great necklace! The beads and buttons are all delightful.

=)

signed...bkm said...

Beautiful pieces - so bright and happy...I just love beautiful buttons....lovely...bkm

Carver said...

What a fun and colorful post for B. I love the jewelry made from beads and buttons and the shots on the sheet music are my favorite. I even noticed some b notes but I couldn't tell if any on the music was in the key of b or b minor.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I am in love with that red button bracelet..so cute!

Viki said...

I love all the different beads and buttons and the different shades of red. Those are also some pretty neat bracelets made out of buttons. That is something I've never seen before. Good red post.

Unknown said...

how clever that you could incorporate both the letter b and red in the same post! those beads look beautiful!

Cheryl D. said...

I love the picture of all the red beads and buttons. That was really cool!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

lovely stuff,
smart choices.

Anonymous said...

I must say the jewelry is nice, but my favorite pictures are the ones of your red beads and buttons. I really like the post.

Teresa

Pondside said...

Great post! I love that red and green necklace.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my post last week. I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love all of the red beads and buttons...love red! All of the jewelery pieces are beautiful!

Great post!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Unknown said...

I would never have guessed at the shear variety of beads and buttons you have on hand! Wonderful photos, too!

Jenny said...

Oh, oh, oh! I am so excited to get my necklaces! When I opened this post I saw it and it made me smile right away!

I love these photos of the red buttons...they are so happy Anna!

This was a perfect link to Alphabe-Thursday's Rainbow Summer School.

Thank you for linking!

A+

Susan said...

Great post...love the bottom 2 bracelets :)
Susan

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Just stopping by from Jenny's Party!! I am late getting around to everyone! Very nice things you made!

Life in Rehab said...

The necklace with the red beads and green leaves is my favorite!

Im Translator

Translation widget