Thursday 11 March 2010

Alphabe-Thursday "H", "H as in heart(s)"

Jenny Matlock

This week, the letter for Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday is "H". My H-word is heart(s).

I have already shown a pair of earrings for Valentine's Day that are made of hearts:

There are so many good H-words. I almost chose "horse", but I could not get the pictures I needed to do it. Another word is "hand", because hands do the work in all "handwork", "handmade" and crafts. "Hand and heart" are symbols for the loving care that a craftsman (or -woman) puts into his or her work.
"Heart" as become a new-fangled synonym for "liking" something. On Etsy, you can "heart" a shop or an item, and that means that it is your favourite, that you like it.
"Hearts" to all who visit me today!
Happy Alphabe-Thursday!
Anna


To see more posts about words that start with the letter "H", please click here.
Curious about my other Heart-Words on abc-Wednesdays? Click here.


16 Comments:

Steph said...

I "heart" this post and all things handmade. Hand-craftsmanship cannot be compared with. Your heart beads are lovely and I'm sure will turn in to amazing things.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Wow - lots and lots of heart went into this post, eh?

I've not seen your blog before and I do adore things people make. I'll be back!!

Unknown said...

your handcrafted jewelry is quite lovely. I'm glad you shared and that I stopped by! (seems like I'm following PJ around this meme!)

Unknown said...

You chose so well, love handmade tokens.
So precious and your earrings are so lovely.

Happy Thursday!

hugs

shakira

HOPE FOR GREAT LAKES NOW!

THEME THURSDAY-HATS

GardenOfDaisies said...

So many gorgeous heart beads! Can't wait to see what you have made with them.

Viki said...

I love, love all the different sizes of hearts. It reminds me that everyone has one, just some people use their hearts big and some small.

laterg8r said...

what beautiful hearts :D

Betty said...

A very good choice for the letter H...hearts!

Jo said...

what lovely beads! i <3 hearts!

Ann said...

Your work also shows that you put your heart into it.

Brenda said...

Good H word for sure! Love the earrings.

Anonymous said...

I love your hand and heart theme!!
Cute!

Jenny said...

What beautiful Happy Hearts for the letter H!

A+

Unknown said...

I love hearts and all things handmade.....Melinda

RNSANE said...

Hearts are beautiful, Anna, and, for me, symbolize love and the people that express it. Being crafty and creative are ways that people show their love - and you do it so well.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic with the mix of heart beads! Heart-o-rific!

Im Translator

Translation widget