Saturday 6 August 2011

'You are my sunshine' - Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus - Week 66

Jenny Matlock

Welcome to Saturday Centus, Week 66, Mrs. Jenny Matlock's writing challenge, where participants are asked to write a PG-rated text to a given written prompt, in any style or genre of writing, with a picture illustration (allowed this week), and using only up to 50 words, not counting the 4 words in the prompt. This is week 66 and the prompt is: You are my sunshine...
------
My text follows here:

John Tell returned to Florida, leaving Sanna without saying that he liked her. Sanna was hurt, and wondered if there was someone for her out there in the world for whom she could sing, 'You are my sunshine...'
At least, she had the children; her pride and joy. They were truly her sunshine.
------
Word count according to WordCalc: 50
------

Best wishes,
Anna




First Commenter:
Bookie
of
Claudia's Page



To visit other SC-posts for Week 66, please visit this site or click on the image below:

Jenny Matlock

23 Comments:

Bookie said...

Sad but I can related to the feelings she has...everyone wants to shine for somebody!

bj said...

Awwwww...
glad the children bring sunshine..:)

Lynn said...

Aw, guess we can't have it all:@)

cj Schlottman said...

Very well said and, oh, so poignant, Anna. This little centus is filled with love in the face of loss. I like it a lot!

Namaste.........cj

Nonna said...

Excellent Anna !

This is one mature and realistic lady...cutting her heartbreak short and then focusing on her many blessings...a great example of moving on with her life !

Ames said...

poor Sanna. Mr Right will come along when she least expects him too! Great use of the prompt!~Ames

Judie said...

I agree with Ames! Great use of the prompt, too!

noexcuses said...

Sad, but lovely! It shows loss and the rebound of strength! Well done!

Daydreamer said...

Children do have a way of bringing sunhine into our days

Ann said...

You did it once again. You made me think of my dad with your post. You are my sunshine was a song that my dad taught me when I was a child. He even taught me how to play it on the guitar :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad Sanna has the kids. I appreciate how you keep this piece moving with a lot of feeling every step of the way.
Be well, Anna.
xoRobyn

Jo said...

Anna, this was a wonderful bit of the story, I am so glad she has her children to sing the song to!

Dazee Dreamer said...

So sad and sweet at the same time. Thank you.

Lin said...

How true that is!! sometimes our kids are what deliver us sunshine. :)

Hope all is well, Anna!

Mariuca said...

Have a sunny sunshine-filled Sunday Anna, it is brewing up a storm here and I am waiting for the rain to sooth away my worries, hugs! :)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Everyone has a bit of sunshine if they can only recognize it. Glad she did.

I'm following now.

Susan Anderson said...

I like this Sanna of yours!

=)

Daydreamer said...

In answer to your question... the 'you' I am speaking of is our Prime creator, God. :)
Thanks for the lovely comment you left.

jfb57 said...

It is so good to have children because they will always be the sunshine. I do wonder if John Tell did like her though!!

rmannell said...

Anna, your story could be the words of so many people out there who long for someone with which to share their life. To have children goes a long way to filling the void. They will be there for life and the man in your story, John Tell, would be the loser for not being a part of their growth.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Ross Mannell

Neni said...

nice story, short yet effective... :)

Anonymous said...

Children sunshine is the best, followed by furbaby sunshine!

Thank you for your story, and for visiting my blog today.

More scritches for Sara

Jenny said...

I think Sanna will have that one day. She is too sweet and lovely not to.

Oh, and in answer your query re: the giveaway. Absolutely! Totally! And... no problem.

Im Translator

Translation widget